Portuguese is the fifth largest language in the word and is the official language of Portugal, Brazil, and various African countries. Portuguese is one of the most used languages in the developing world, mainly in South America.
The most Portuguese speakers are from Brazil, a country that is regarded as one of the fastest growing major economies. Having this status, the Brazilian market profits annually from massive investments and an increased rate if international trade. Naturally, if someone intends to expand into this rapidly evolving market, one must provide an accurate Portuguese translation of its services.
Translate Company offers only professional Portuguese translations regardless of length or difficulty. The translation services we provide are reliable and always accurately reflect the message of the source document.
- Has official status in Portugal, Brazil, Angola, Cape Verde, East Timor, Guinea-Bissau, Mozambique, and São Tomé and Príncipe
- Spoken by 272.9 million people worldwide
- Third most spoken language in the Western Hemisphere, and the most spoken language in the Southern Hemisphere
- Major international language in South America and Southern Africa
- Official language of Brazil, the world's seventh largest economy
- Brazil is predicted to become one of the top five largest economies in the future
- Brazil has a large and developed manufacturing, agricultural, mining and service sector
- Brazil is one of the biggest exporters on the planet, reporting exceptional results in both high-tech and raw material sectors
The Portuguese language arose in Northern Portugal during the 9th century AD. After reconquering the Iberian Peninsula from the Arabs, the language spread across the whole territory of modern Portugal. Later, in the age of the great geographic discoveries, Portuguese spread across the world and became the predominant language of the Portuguese colonies.
Today, the language has two main dialects, namely European Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese. The two variations are mutually intelligible, but have significant differences in spelling and phrasing. Given this, it's essential that a translation is localized into the targeted market in order to avoid any confusions or inconsistencies.
Why Choose Translate Company?
We are a professional translation company that offers quality Portuguese translations to a wide range of clients. Having experience in Portuguese website, financial, technical, legal, medical and marketing translations, gives us the possibility to accept a multitude of projects from businesses around the world.
We have two Portuguese translation teams that are specialized on Brazilian Portuguese and European Portuguese, two of the main dialects of the language. While these dialects are basically the same language, there are many differences between them, both in spoken and written form. Our translators are native speakers from Portugal and Brazil, ensuring that your translation will be localized to the market of your choice.
- Localized translations into both European and Brazilian Portuguese
- Translator teams with vast background experience
- Professional project managers supervising each team and translator
- Experienced in specific domains, like law, finance, medicine, marketing and others
- In-house translation memory that generates reports and allows fast reviews
- Fast communication between translators with the aid of various online chat platforms
- Certified translators available on request
If you are interested in any of our services, just request a quote or contact us directly and a personal translation manager will approach you in the shortest possible time.