French is one of the largest languages with a total of 265 million speakers. It is the official language of several international organizations, like the UN for example, and it also widely spoken outside of Europe in various countries.
According to statistics, 26% of the European Union's population fluently speaks French, making it the third largest language on the continent. France is one of the most developed countries on the planet, annually producing strong results in various sectors, like agriculture, trade, commerce, high-tech industry and others.
It's essential for each business that wishes to expand into the French market to provide a flawless and reliable French translation of its portfolio. Translate Company provides professional French translations in many major domains. Our translation services are cheap, reliable and always accurate.
About the French language
French is a Romance language spoken mostly in France, but widespread across the globe having official status in 29 states. French was the predominant international language during the 17th to the 20th century. Today, despite of being overshadowed by English, it still remains one of the most used languages in international politics and commerce.
Besides France, major French speaking communities are also located in Belgium and Canada, two economically developed countries. French is also spoken in various African countries that were former colonies of France during the past centuries.
- One of the largest languages in the world
- Spoken by 265 million people across the planet
- Official language of 29 independent states on various continents
- According to statistics, the number of French speakers will double in the next two decades
- Working language of several international organizations
- The French market is one of the strongest in the world
- France is a leading industrial world power and the fifth largest economy on the globe
- France is Europe's second largest economy by GDP
- 39 of the world's 500 biggest companies are from France
- France is the world's sixth largest exporter and fourth largest importer of goods
- Leading agricultural producer and exporter on the European Union
- French has a strong presence on the internet
- More than 60 million people browse the internet in French
- The huge majority of French speaking people report using the internet exclusively in their mother tongue
- The number of French websites is constantly increasing