About the TranslateThis Button
Detailed Info for Nerds
The TranslateThis Button has a number of technical advantages for developers.
The script has undergone cross-browser testing, and works in IE 6-8, Firefox 2-3.6, Safari 3-5, Chrome, and Opera 9+. Furthermore it is designed to degrade gracefully into earlier versions of these browsers.
The translation is executed asynchronously and have been consolidated as much as possible. Finally, HTTP requests have been limited as much as possible for the widget assets (the flag imagery is in an image sprite and the main button uses a data URI in most browsers).
The TranslateThis Button provides a number of customizable options
- Tracking with Google Analytics
- The ability to restrict the translation by ID so the widget only translates a portion of the page
- A callback function for when the translation completes
- Control over which languages appear in the flag list, drop down and overall listing
- Various styling options including the ability to use your own flag imagery
- Change the text of the widget to suit your site's language
- And more... Read the docs for more info